Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS) is a fully managed container orchestration service that helps you easily deploy, manage and scale containerized applications.
In this course, we will cover how to deploy a web application to ECS to leverage AWS Fargate. This allows our code to achieve high elasticity and redundancy by autoscaling to load. If you want to know if ECS is right for you check out my free video outlining deployment architecture here
What we will build
This course leverages the AWS CDK to maintain our infrastructure as code. No clicking through the web console! We're going to build the architecture outlined below
The first 3 lessons in this course are free and available on YouTube. These lessons should help you determine if this course is right for you. The code from this course is also available on GitHub in a public repo. Your time is valuable, I did my best to keep this course under 90 minutes and it has come in at ~1hr 20mins total.
- Adding CDK to an existing project - 3mins *Free on YouTube
- ECR - Elastic Container Registry - 10.5 mins *Free on YouTube
- VPC, Subnets and Private Links - 11.5mins *Free on YouTube
- Load Balancing your traffic across multiple instances - 4.5 mins
- ECS Fargate Service (Clusters, Task Definitions and Fargate Service) - 11.5 mins
- Auto Scaling your instance count up and down based on load - 3 mins
- Systems Manager (Parameter Store) - 3.5mins
- Secrets Manager - 5 mins
- RDS (MySQL) - 6mins
- Redis - 5.5mins
- Queues and autoscaling queue processors - 7mins
- Centralised logging with Cloudwatch Logs - 4 mins
- Improve availability and latency with Global Accelerator - 3 mins
If you are unhappy with the course quality or content, I will refund you with no questions asked
Question or Issues
If you find any mistakes in this course or have issues please let me know
Learn how to deploy modern web applications managed by ECS via the AWS CDK.